PIP is a package manager for Python packages. It is used to install and manage software packages written in Python.
To install PIP on Windows, you will need to download the installer and then run it. Here are the detailed steps:
- Download the PIP installer by visiting the following link: https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/. Scroll down to the “Download” section and click on the link to download the appropriate version of PIP for your system. The file will be downloaded as a .zip file.
- Extract the files from the .zip file. You can do this by right-clicking on the .zip file and selecting “Extract All”.
- Open a terminal window (also called a command prompt or cmd). You can do this by typing “cmd” into the search bar on the start menu and hitting enter.
- Navigate to the directory where you extracted the files using the “cd” command. For example, if you extracted the files to the “Downloads” folder, you would type “cd Downloads” and hit enter.
- Run the following command to install PIP:
python -m ensurepip --default-pip
This will install PIP and its dependencies.
- To verify that PIP was installed correctly, run the following command:
This should output the version number of PIP that was installed.
That’s it! You have successfully installed PIP on your Windows system.
You can now use PIP to install Python packages by running the following command:
pip install package_name
Replace “package_name” with the name of the package you want to install. For example, to install the requests package, you would run:
pip install requests
You can also use PIP to update and uninstall packages. To update a package, use the following command:
pip install package_name --upgrade
To uninstall a package, use the following command:
pip uninstall package_name
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.